End of Project Evaluation -
Personally, I feel that all of my initial photographs were effective and of good quality. However I do think that some of my photographs were stronger, and some photographs not so strong. I would say the main reasoning for this is due to some sets I took I was comfortable with how I was taking the photographs, and then with other sets I was learning a new skill as and when I took them, therefore compromising the outcome slightly. I feel that what really helps to make my photographs strong was the editing I did after. I was very careful to not overdo the editing, but I made sure that I made the images really ‘pop’ and become more prominent to the audience. Though having said that, I am quite disappointed with some of the compositions in my photographs. The majority of them were quite well thought out, but in others I wasn’t thinking about how the image would look better, and this in return was a bit of a let down.
I think as a whole I really pushed myself when creating my work. This was because when I first came into the project, I was extremely willing to learn new techniques, new skills and wanted to be the best that I could be. When starting out on new projects I sat down and researched different artists sometimes for hours on end until I found an artist that worked for me, and one that I felt would help me not only push my creative side, but also enable me to become a better photographer as a whole.
The artists I chose were a huge part of my projects because I wanted these to not only help with making my project look good, but also increasing my abilities to become better. I searched for artists that in my opinion looked very interesting, and more importantly had a sign of symbolism that I could work on because I felt this would intrigue the audience more so. The only downside to some of the artists I had chose were the fact that I wanted them to all be as interesting as possible, and by doing this some of them didn’t have as strong symbolism as others.
I’m very happy with how my projects turned out because I fulfilled what I needed to do. I created work that was visually striking, showed strong symbolism and also increased my abilities by a great deal. Each of my final outcomes were strong because once again they showed symbolism and were also very striking. Though having said that I do feel that some of the outcomes were not as strong as the others and this was down to a lack of creativity when developing my sets.
Personally if I had more time to work on these projects, the only things I would change is my creativity and thought process into developing my sets because I personally feel that some of my development is lacking the creativity to make it stand out as much as I would like them to. Also, I would put more effort and thought into my writing because I can sometimes get a bit carried away and write about the wrong things and miss vital parts that I need to bump my grades up.